Swegon reserves the right to modify or update this Privacy Statement at any time without prior notice. The Privacy Statement is available to all visitors to the Swegon website, and all visitors are accordingly regarded as being informed of its content.
Swegon makes every effort to protect your privacy. As the Data Controller, Swegon has the ultimate responsibility for our processing of your personal data. For this reason we describe below the nature of the personal data we process concerning you, our purpose in processing your data and your associated rights.
The company acting as the Data Controller is referred to as “Swegon” or “we” or “us” in the policy below. Each individual company within Swegon Group AB is independently responsible for its personal data processing.
If you come into contact with Swegon as a private consumer, a supplier or in another capacity
We collect and process any personal data submitted to Swegon in the course of your business-related contact with us. Examples of the categories of data we collect and process are name, contact details such as your address, telephone number, email address, CV, personal correspondence and information about your job title and the company or organisation you represent. Personal data may also concern payment details provided to us in connection with a purchase or supply of a product.
Swegon observes the basic principle of not collecting or retaining personal data for longer than necessary. Swegon stores personal data for the duration of a business relationship with you as a customer or for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose of the data processing, or for as long as we have an obligation to retain the data for compliance with legal, regulatory or official requirements.
What personal data do we collect, and how do we gain access to them?
The main rule for Swegon is to refrain from processing any personal data that might pose a high risk of breach of personal privacy. We process your personal data with the following legal basis and for the following purposes.
- To fulfil a contractual agreement: To manage and administer purchases, product supply and payment transactions.
- To fulfil a legal obligation: We retain documents relating to billing in accordance with applicable accountancy statutes and regulations.
- With your consent: We will send you our newsletters and other marketing materials as per your subscription or request, and will send you invitations to events.
If a service we provide requires your consent, we will in every instance request your express consent to receive that service and our processing of your personal data for that purpose. We might, for example, request your consent to receive mailings from us. If your consent is required, we will collect this from you by means of a written statement, which we will retain.
Retention of personal data
Swegon makes all appropriate efforts to keep your personal data secure when they are retained by us for processing. Your personal data will in no event be retained for longer than permitted under applicable law or for longer than necessary for fulfilling the aforementioned purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us for the following durations.
- Clients, Subsuppliers, Dealers or Agents: If you are a client, subsupplier, dealer or agent and you have signed a contract with Swegon, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for our fulfilment of our contractual agreement with you, e.g. until we have supplied the product you ordered, but for no longer than two years from the date of your last contact with the company. The purpose of this is for us to fulfil our supply and warranty pledge. However, this does not apply if we need to retain your personal data for a longer period of time for the purposes of any of the categories stated below.
- Job application: Any personal data you provide us with in your CV, personal correspondence, photograph or other documentation will be used for the purpose of assessing your suitability for the position you have applied for. We retain these personal data during the recruitment process, until the recruitment process has been concluded and for up to two years thereafter in order to be able to defend Swegon against any potential legal claims. After such time, your personal data will be erased in their entirety.
- Communication: If you have contacted Swegon, e.g. by email, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for us to be able to process your request or claim with us.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing until such time as you withdraw your consent.
- Legal obligations: Swegon retains all documents constituting accounting data in accordance with applicable accountancy law, and other information we have a legal obligation to retain. Documents and information of this nature may contain personal data.
Transfer of personal data
Swegon will only transfer personal data as described below. We observe great caution and implement suitable security measures in transferring your personal data.
- Intragroup transfers: Swegon may transfer your personal data from one company to another within Swegon Group AB for the purpose of IT system management.
- Business transfers: In the event that Swegon’s undertakings are divested to or merged with any other undertaking or company, your personal data may be assigned to our advisers, potential buyers and their advisers and transferred to the new owners of the undertaking.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed in order for the company to fulfil certain statutory obligations. Your personal data may also be disclosed to law-enforcement and other relevant authorities as authorised and required by law.
The above-stated transfers may solely be made to designated companies within the EU or EEA (EU Member States, and Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein) or other countries or international organisations providing an adequate level of data protection. Transfers to Third Countries and international organisations may in any event solely be carried out in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation in its entirety and with specific reference to its Articles 44-49. You have the right to receive confirmation from Swegon concerning how your personal data are being processed and to gain access to those personal data and information about the recipients or categories of recipients your personal data have been or will be disclosed to. This applies particularly to recipients in Third Countries or international organisations.
If you have any concerns or questions concerning our personal data processing
You may contact us at any time at www.swegon.com/personal-data to request access to the personal data we process concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; (ii) request correction and/or erasure (deletion) of your personal data; (iii) withdraw your consent in whole or in part; (iv) request restriction of our processing of your personal data; (v) state your concerns regarding the manner in which we process your personal data; or (vi) if technically feasible, and if the processing is automated and is consent-based, to have your personal data transferred directly from us to another Data Controller.
Swegon will respond to your request without undue delay and not later than 1 month from receipt of your request. In the case of a request for correction and/or erasure of your personal data, Swegon will verify that your request is eligible in which case the correction or erasure will be performed as soon as possible. Swegon may decline any request that is obviously unjustified or unreasonable.
You can also contact the Swedish Data Protection Authority concerning any complaint.