Swegon protects your personal integrity. As a data controller, we have the ultimate responsibility for our processing of your personal information, which is why we intend to describe below what personal data we process or will process concerning you, our purpose of the processing and what rights you have in this regard.
Swegon collects your personal data and processes it in accordance with this policy. Depending on how you come in contact with Swegon and/or which company you enter into an agreement with, the data controller will be one of the following: Swegon Group AB or subsidiaries
The company that acts as data controller is called "Swegon" or "we" in the policy below. Each individual company in the Swegon Group is independently responsible for processing personal data.
If you are a customer, supplier or in other ways come in contact with Swegon
We collect and process personal data that is provided to Swegon in connection with your business related contacts with us. Examples of categories of data collected and processed include names, contact details such as address, phone number, email address, CV, personal letter and details of your position and the company or organization that you represent. Personal data may also concern payment information and other information provided in connection with the purchase or delivery of a product.
A basic principle for Swegon is to not collect or store personal data longer than necessary. Swegon retains personal data during the time for which there is a business relationship with the customer or as long as it is necessary in order to fulfill the purpose of the processing or as long as there is an obligation to retain the data by law, regulation or authority decision.
What personal data do we collect and how do we access them?
The main rule for Swegon is to not process personal data that could lead to a high risk of privacy infringements regarding individuals. We process your personal data on the following legal bases and for the following purposes.
- To perform a contract: For management and administration of purchases, deliveries of products, and for making and receiving payments.
- To comply with a legal obligation: We retain documentation in connection with invoices in accordance with applicable accounting laws and regulations.
- Consent: We will provide you with our newsletter if you have signed up for this and provide you with invitations to events.
If a service that we provide requires your consent, we will always expressly ask you to give your consent to such service and our processing of your personal information. For example, we will ask for your consent if you want to receive our newsletter by email. When consent is required, we will always collect it through a written declaration which is then stored.
Retention of personal data
Swegon takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are processed and stored securely. Your personal data will never be stored longer than permitted by applicable law or longer than necessary to fulfil the above stated purposes. Your personal data will be processed by us during the following time periods.
- Customer, supplier, reseller or agent: If you are a customer, supplier, reseller or agent and you have entered into an agreement with Swegon, your personal data are retained for as long as necessary in order for us to perform the agreement with you, e.g. until we have delivered the product or performed the services that you have ordered, but for no more than two years after your last contact with Swegon. This does, however, not apply if we need to retain your personal data for a longer period of time due to any of the reasons stated below.
- Job candidates: The personal data you provide us by CV, personal letter, picture or other documents will be used to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the service you applied for. We retain this personal data during the recruitment process, until the recruitment process is completed and for a period of up to two years thereafter, in order to be able to defend potential legal claims. After that, the personal data is deleted in its entirety.
- Communication: If you have contacted Swegon, e.g. via email, your personal data will be stored as long as necessary for us to complete any request or handle any issue for which reason you contacted us.
- Direct marketing: We may process your personal data for direct marketing purposes until you withdraw your consent.
- Legal obligations: Swegon retains any documentation that constitutes accounting information in accordance with applicable accounting legislation, as well as other information that we are legally obliged to retain. Such documentation and information may contain personal data.
Transfer of personal data
Swegon only transfers personal data as described below. We always observe great caution when transferring your personal data and take appropriate security measures.
- Transfers to group companies: Swegon may transfer your personal data to group companies, for the purpose of IT system management.
- Business transactions: If all or part of Swegon’s operations are sold or integrated with any other business, operation or company, your personal data may be disclosed to our advisors, potential buyers and their advisors, and be transferred to the new owners of the operation.
- Legal obligations: Your personal data may also be disclosed for the purpose of the Company’s compliance with certain legal obligations and it may be transferred to the Police and other relevant public authorities when permitted and required by law.
The transfers mentioned above can only be made to companies in the EU or EEA (i.e. all EU member states, Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein), or other countries or international organisations that ensure an adequate level of protection. Transfers to third countries and international organisations may in all cases be carried out only in full compliance with the Data Protection Regulation and Articles 44 to 49 of that Regulation. You are entitled to receive confirmation by Swegon of your personal data being processed and, if so, to gain access to the personal data and information about the recipients or categories of recipients to which the personal data have been disclosed to or will be disclosed to. This applies in particular to recipients in third countries or international organisations.
If you have comments or questions regarding our handling of personal data
You can at any time, by contacting us at www.swegon.com/personal-data, access the personal data we process regarding you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; (ii) request that your personal information be corrected and/or deleted; (iii) revoke your consent in whole or in part; (iv) request that the processing of your personal data is limited; (v) submit remarks concerning how we process your personal data; or (vi) if this is technically possible, the processing is done automatically and based on consent, get your personal data transferred directly from us to another data processor.
Swegon will without any undue delay, but no later than 1 month after receipt of your request, respond to your request. Upon request for rectification and/or deletion of your personal information, Swegon examines whether the conditions are met and, if so, change or delete the personal data as soon as possible. Swegon may reject a request that is either manifestly unfounded or unreasonable.
You can also contact your national authority with complaints.