R290 (Propane) Refrigerant – The Natural Selection
Online | 18th October 2023 | 2PM (UK local time)
18th October 2023 | 14:00-15:00 (UK local time) | CIBSE Accredited
Propane, first used as a refrigerant over a century ago, has made a comeback as the hottest new refrigerant candidate. It is ozone layer safe, has negligible impact on global warming, and has excellent thermodynamic properties.
What will be covered?
- Fgas – The journey so far and an outlook to the future landscape
- Ignition – What does it take to propagate a flame?
- Safety – Overview of “built-in” safety features and on board risk management
- Installation – Site suitability and further installation considerations
- Logistics – Limitations in the transportation of equipment containing A3 refrigerant
- Example projects – Propane Heat Pumps in the real world